Tuesday, May 09, 2006

fuel economy

A local news station advertised a segment that aired this evening devoted to what would and would not save fuel (and money) for a motorist. See www.fox2ktvi.com for a list of questions they posed to random people at the gas pump as well as to a man from AAA who had answers based on research. I was disappointed that the website doesn't answer the questions. I saw the segment, but--for example--I don't remember hearing anything about fuel injectors, or additives. Here's what I did hear: 1) Driving faster than 55 mph uses more gasoline. 2)Using cruise-control will save gasoline. 3)Aggressive drivers will use about 37% more gasoline 4) Idling for long periods with the AC on will "send a lot of dollars out the tail pipe." Maybe I checked the website too soon. Maybe they wanted to encourage people to get the answers from the broadcast; now that it's come and gone, perhaps they'll update the website with answers. Here's hoping!

2 Comments:

At 5/10/2006 11:02:00 PM, Blogger suz said...

5) not driving as much will save you lots of gas money.
6) save a bunch of money by switching to geico.

 
At 5/12/2006 03:59:00 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Here are a few more helpful tips....
See mormonchic.com DealDiva's Penny Pinching at the Pump - under Gasoline.

But Suz is right. Change in lifestyle is a huge factor in saving $$$ at hte pump. Consolidate your errands, don't shop as much or as often, walk when possible. Pick things up on your way home from work instead of making a special trip, etc.

www.mormonchic.com/dealdiva/gasoline.asp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home