Change
Everyone is talking about change this season, but here are some of the changes we are experiencing right on our own backyard....
We celebrated Barb's birthday--still young enough to put the right number of candles on the cake (actually it was a desert called striped delight).
Continuing on down to the dead end we see an interesting array of what I assume are components of a storm water collection system. However if I understand the system properly the only exit is the pipe at the upper right hand side which will direct the water into the existing small ravine that goes down the hill, not addressing the problem of the erosion and rock/sediment that get washed further down onto the path through Whipoorwill Park at the base of the hill.
I went down to the Whipoorwill park trail, crossed the road and started up into Bluebird Park and I found this....
which was because the trail was blocked by construction of a new pool complex--which will include water slides and water fountain things, etc. that will all be very fun, I'm sure.
Here is a shot of the water slides from another angle.
Standing in the park at the point near the tennis courts (where we watched fireworks in the past) this is the view looking towards the park entrance. You can just barely see part of the water slide complex at the left between the new pool building (dressing rooms, etc.) in the center and the new park commnunity center at the left. The new pool is where the parking lot for the old pool used to be, and the new parking lot is where the old pool and the vollyball fields (above the amphitheater) use to be.
another water slide complex!!!

2 Comments:
There can never be too many waterslides.
WHERE were all these waterslides when we were growing up!?!
Post a Comment
<< Home