Disaster parties?
Mutti & I were somewhat taken aback by an idea for posh dinner party in the March 28th issue of the local West News Magazine that is sent to us for free every week or so. I don't know if the issues are archived, but the current link is here.
The article is titled, "Last Dinner On The Titanic", and suggests, "With the 95th anniversary of the sinking just a couple of weeks away, why not relive the liner’s last hours by hosting a Titanic party? It could be a dress-up party to end all parties, placing guests on board one of the most famous ships in history. On that fateful evening, as first-class passengers sat down for a feast, they reveled and gaily chatted amongst themselves, looking forward to the ship’s final destination: New York City. It was an Edwardian extravaganza. Reproducing the original menu and costumes of the period could be overwhelming, but these suggestions, which can be embellished or scaled down, will make any Titanic dinner party an event to remember."
I'm sure that would be true.
I'm wondering what one could possibly do to top this .... a Vesuvius party set in old Pompei? Perhaps you can come up with some other ideas we could suggest in an appropriate letter to the editor.

2 Comments:
what about a donner party?
Might be hard to get guests to turn up for a Donner party... =)
Post a Comment
<< Home