Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Pictures from Sister Barb

We just got these in the mail, so I scanned them. Below each picture is the text Barb wrote on the back.

Aug 8, 2009. From right to left, Sister DeMoor, Leon Moore, Me! This was such a great day! I was so nervous, though, worried that some mishap would keep Leon from being baptized then, but our Mission President came & that helped me calm down. There was a beautiful spirit there & Leon couldn't stop smiling the whole day! Yay!


8/4/09. Everyone here has animals! It's so fun! We're at the Mansir's house playing with their newest babies. They're 5 months old--as old as I've been a missionary.
After this, I got to milk the momma. . . .It took me like 6 tries to get it--there are pics of that, too, somewhere. I'll have to send the memory card home soon!

June 09
The District that started it all . . .
This was my first district. Our District Leader is in the middle--Elder Anderton and my trainer's with me--Sister Bowden.
This transfer (August 12) only Elder Stanley (2nd from left) and I will be left from this original group. This is at a District Meeting just before Elder Morton (next to Anderton) got transferred.
Oh, and Elder MacIntyre's on the other end--he's a DL somewhere now---great memories from that bunch. :)


Yep. TARANTULAS !
This one's been torched. We weren't there to witness that but these are the charred remains. I didn't sleep well the night we saw it. You can't really tell by the picture but it's like the size of your hand....SICK !

Okay. So, see behind me? We're out in the country! It's so not what I expected of Southern California but I love, love, love it!
In this picture, I was talking to a member of the Branch Presidency who was being [difficult] and not taking us seriously about the help we needed with the work. My companion was dying laughing at me and made me reenact it for this picture. She says it's not as good as the original, but you can imagine. . . .
Welcome to Julian, California, where there are pine cones the size of small children!

3 Comments:

At 8/26/2009 12:45:00 PM, Blogger Matthew said...

How charming! I hope she is able to send more.

 
At 8/28/2009 01:16:00 PM, Blogger suz said...

i really hope that Berkeley doesnt have tarantulas...

 
At 9/08/2009 10:01:00 AM, Blogger Sara Jensen said...

It looks like she is having such a great experience! I am so happy for her. When we lived in San Diego we were always hearing about how beautiful Julian was, too bad we never made it out there. Thanks for posting these!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home