Friday, October 24, 2008

Caught in the act

Yesterday I volunteered at the St. Louis Area Food Bank with a number of my work colleagues, assembling CSFP food boxes. It was done assembly line style and we put together 600 cases in about 150 min work time--about one case every 15 seconds! Here is a picture someone took the last time we volunteered there. This time we were sorting out donated food items. Someone captioned this picture, “Hey – I’ll trade you some beans for those Ramen noodles!”


Several Saturdays ago (October 4) I flew up to Chicago and back for the Midwest Enzyme Chemistry Conference. This is a great one-day meeting frequented mostly by academic researchers (I was the only one there I noticed from industry) and with no registration fee. The organizer recently posted some pictures from the event, and here I am, helping myself to some refreshments.

1 Comments:

At 11/02/2008 11:57:00 PM, Blogger joe said...

mmmmm.. refreshments..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home